Sanitize Equipment and Supplies
- Clean and disinfect any item before and after an exchange. If you are unable to disinfect an item immediately, consider attaching a sign warning others not to use it and consider safely storing the item for several days before use.
- Consider CDC’s Guidelines for Cleaning and Disinfection.
Meet in a Public Location & Wear a Mask
- When making exchanges, we suggest following CDC’s Guidelines for Social Distancing.
- As many members of your organization no longer have access to all buildings, consider meeting in an open public space to make safe exchanges. Pickup locations can be coordinated between members through messaging in AxM.
- Some items may be eligible for shipping if members are willing to pay an additional cost. Consider offering delivery especially when exchanging items between different organizations through the external marketplace.
Consider Drop Zones
- If your organization does not have a common location to drop off and pick up packages, consider designating a safe and secure location in your building to make exchanges. Items can then be left for pickup without having to physically meet in person.
Wash Hands Before and After an Exchange
- Always disinfect items before and after an exchange, routinely wipe down your workspace, and thoroughly wash your hands throughout the day to reduce transmission of the virus.