Import many listings at once by using a CSV template.
Quick start guide
- Navigate to bulk create — in the menu on the top, click Create, or on mobile tap the + icon in the menu on the bottom. Then select Bulk create, under the Listings post type to navigate to: https://axm.rheaply.com/new-multi-post/listings.
- Locate import listings — on the top of the table, locate and click on the import or upload icon.
- Download our spreadsheet template — get started by downloading the CSV template.
- Add your data — Add the information you want for each listing as a new row in the spreadsheet template, then save. Refer to the descriptions of the fields below. Note: not all fields can be imported as some are more complex (categories, locations, etc.). You will be able to add or bulk edit those fields once you successfully import.
- Upload, then finalize — Upload your spreadsheet then finalize your import by filling in any missing required fields before you publish. You can even select multiple rows and bulk edit certain fields to save time!
Tips for organizing the data in your spreadsheet
Once you download and review the template, you can start adding your listings. If you are copying from an existing spreadsheet or system, make sure to match your fields to the following fields (listed in the template).
- Title: use the title to best describe your listing. Be concise. (example: use “Black Office Chair” instead of “ZENY 360-Degree Swivel & Adjustable Height Indoor Stool, Black, condition: good”). You can add more detailed information to the description.
- Owner: include the email address of the person you would like to mark as the listing owner. If you leave that cell blank, you will be the assigned owner.
- Asset Tag: a barcode or serial number that some organizations use to track high-valued equipment. This can be used in a way that is unique to your organization.
- Description: details about the item being posted. This could be specifics about the condition of the item, how it could be used, technical specifications, or anything else deemed relevant to the buyer. Can include basic HTML tags and formatting to organize the content and improve readability.
- Tags: descriptive words or phrases that can help members of your organization find your post when they use filters or search the platform using keywords. Use a comma between tags if you would like to include more than one tag.
- Price per unit: how much each unit will cost to purchase. Leave blank or enter “0” or “$0.00” if the price is free. Typing out the ‘$’ is optional.
- Market value per unit: refers to the value of each unit if it were to be purchased new and helps your organization to determine cost savings from reuse.
- Quantity - units: the number of single units of a particular item that are available for a transaction.
- Quantity - count per unit: if the item you are posting has multiple items per unit (like a box of 10 pens), this value is the amount contained per unit (10 pens). In other words, if the item you are posting comes in packs of 10, you would set this count to 10.
- Weight per unit: the weight of each unit. This metric helps your organization to track how much weight you have diverted from the landfill. The unit (µg, g, mg, kg, lbs) can be included in the spreadsheet or you can edit it once your listings are imported.
Note: All of the fields in the template are optional in order to provide you with some flexibility in uploading the data. You will be able to come back and edit any of the fields once the CSV is imported. Keep in mind, not all of the fields listed above may be in your CSV template depending on your organization's settings.
Once you have filled out the spreadsheet template as completely as possible, you can simply drag it from the file system or desktop on your computer and drop it into your browser window with the import listings menu open. Alternatively, click the file browser button under Step 3 of the import listings screen.
After you upload your spreadsheet, you will have the opportunity to review and edit your import. Use the bulk editing feature to edit multiple listings at once.
Frequently asked questions
What do I do if I want to capture certain data fields that aren’t represented in the CSV template?
Certain fields are purposefully left off the template because they require a selection from a list or have data that may be too complex to input in a CSV. Those fields that are not in the template, but will be available once you upload your spreadsheet are:
Once you import your listings you will be able to add any additional data required, and you can even bulk edit to edit the same field for many listings at once!
What do I do if my spreadsheet is too large?
We suggest splitting your spreadsheet into two. Do this by making two copies of your original spreadsheet, then delete the bottom half of the data from the copy. Afterward, save them each as a CSV file then upload them one by one through the import listings feature.
Have additional questions about this feature? Email email@example.com.